9.10.2009

Left Overs to New Overs

What better way to start a blog than with a post about food :) Below is the first of many.

For those of you who know Jared, you know he loves to cook. Well lately he has stepped it up a notch, he is now into turning left overs into all new left overs.

We went on a shopping spree, the first big one to fill up our fridge since we moved to Kentucky. We bought alot of food, and to our amazment we couldn't eat 4 loaves of bread before they started to go moldy, heavy sarcasm. But Jared, being the experimenter he often is with food decided to take the parts of bread that weren't moldy, some left over rice, onion, jalepeno, etc, etc, and make into... thats right more bread.

I was actually quite surprised. Who would have thought to take left over bread and rice and turn it into some flat bread, which was delicious. I am quite proud of my Jared.

Here is the meal that we have had for the last few days, the "Left over" bread, and corn chowder he just threw together as a side to the bread.
He then decided to use up the 2 whole watermelons that were not eaten at a party we went to, and turned those into watermelon icecream, also using a left over plum, and grapes. Its very refreshing.
I like mine with nutella (can't get enough of the delicous rich chocolate hazelnut creamy delicousness) and sprinkles.One day I will be able to give recipes, once Jared actually follows one :) Needless to say we have enjoyed our food in Kentucky.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

YUM!! I'm curious about the watermelon ice-cream - sounds good!