11.27.2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Yesterday I spent the whole day with this handsome man:

We had a really fun, relaxing day. We watched the Prince of Persia, and How to train your dragon, and we had some really good food. Not the traditional dinner, but close. I made a turkey pot pie with left over turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and the best breadsticks ever! No really you should try them, but it would be a mistake to skimp on the butter, it makes all the difference.

My Aunt Lisa's best breadsticks eveeeeerrrrr :)
Way easy, fast and delicious.

1 tbsp yeast
2 tbsp sugar
Dissolve in 1 1/2 c warm water
Add:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
Mix and knead until unsticky (add flour as necessary). Cover and let rise 10 min.
Cut and roll into 16 breadsticks (grab in the middle and twist the bottoms about 2 or 3 times)
melt 1 stick of butter and pour over breadsticks and turn to coat. Sprinkle with parmasan cheese. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy

1 comment:

Bemily said...

What a fun Thanksgiving dinner! I'm so sorry we missed the dinner on Sunday. I've been sick and then we went out of town. - Definitely trying these breadsticks. Thanks for sharing!