We went on friday night (June 10) when the bishop and sister Blodgett (YW pres.) went up for dinner and testimony meeting. There was a chance that a storm was going to roll in so we stayed in the lodge for dinner and testimony meeting.
Dinner was super good, with chicken tacos. Then the bishop brought dessert, a peanutbutter and chocolate cheesecake, there wasn't enough for all of us so Julie, Esther and I decided we would be the ones to not get any so all the girls could have some. Well there was one peice left and we decided to share it. Once we all took bites we knew we got the short end of the stick, it was SO good!
Eventually girls started giving us some of theirs after they couldn't finish it all and we had no problem taking over. Way good cheescake.
Well the storm did come and with lots of rain an lightning we started the testimon meeting and with no time limit all the girls took advantage of it getting up 2, or 3, or even 4 times ;) but the girls all had really sweet testimonies and experiences to share and I was so glad I was able to hear them.
Julie and I decided to stay the night and that night we brought around notes from their parents, and oreos for them to do the minute to win it by putting the oreo on their foreheads and getting it to their mouths, we told them to stay up all night practicing but I don't think anyone took us seriously.
The next morning we had a good breakfast with eggs, cereal, yogurt and other breakfast food they needed to get rid of. Then we cleaned up and were off to the lake. We went on the paddleboats, canoes and jumped off the docks, it was a lot of fun to play with the girls and swim with crawdads and fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment