I thought my next post would be about our trip to New York City to watch the UK vs UCONN game wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. Our plan was to drive to New York Tuesday night arrive after the 11 hour drive at about 1:00 am wednesday. Sleep in at the hotel, enjoy possibly a broadway showing of Phanton of the Opera, or visit Ground Zero.But our plan did not work out that way. About two hours into the drive our truck began having problems. That was our mistake, deciding to take the truck to NYC :). Our truck is great but the problem was our headlights, they decided to go off so we couldn't see at night and in the pouring rain. It was pretty scary, we turned around about 1/2 hour into West Virginia. Luckily Jared has family in Ashand and we stayed there for the 2 nights until the truck was fixed.
I was a little disappointed not seeing NYC at Christmas time, but I think Jared was the most disappointed missing UK's game. We tried, we even tried renting a car Wednesday morning, but after asking for 2 utility bills, a pay stub, our insurance, and our first born we told them we'd pass. So we watched the UK game at Jared's Nana's house. Jared turned the volume up really loud so it felt like we were right there in the arena, but NYC is still on our list and I look forward to going one of these days.
2 comments:
oh no! why do things happen like that!?!?!? what a bummer for you guys! if it makes you feel better, our freaking saab has done similar things to us on long drives. rrrrrr!
I'm glad that UK won then, lose win i guess. See ya at the Christmas Party!!!
Post a Comment