4.04.2010

Happy Easter!


There are some things that are just right in the world. Even though Duke won last night and Kentucky was unable to make it to the Final 4, Jared and I were able to make it to Indianapolis this weekend, the rain stopped, I saw my Aunt and Uncle, Sue and John, we witnessed Butler win, and Jesus lives!Its been a good weekend so far. I had the day off on Friday and made a picnic lunch for Jared with some of our favorite donuts as dessert from Spaldings bakery in Lexington. We then left at 4:00 and made the 3 1/2 hour drive to Indianapolis where we met my aunt and uncle for dinner and stayed in their fun house. Saturday we made our way to the Final 4 festivities and watched Darius Tucker perform and Jared shot somehoops in various contests. We watched 2 games of the final four and drove home. Finally got to our beds at 3:30 am and just woke up at 10:15. Jared is still in bed currently since he did an awesome job and stayed up to drive the entire way. Happy Easter everyone, conference starts in less than an hour and it should be a good lazy day! Oh and the blog that I meantioned in my wreath post is the first link on my links list on the side :)

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun. I love the pictures. And I love General conference and listening at home. Happy Easter to ya both!

Leslie said...

Awww, fun weekend & cute you packed a picnic just before leaving! Thx for telling where to find that crafty site - I just made a quick glance and already know I can spend lots of time marveling at all her good ideas! I saw she also did the planting magic jellybeans... her lolly-pops were MUCH more impressive than the ones I bought though. I was tempted by much bigger and cuter lollies, but they were like $2.00 each! I decided to go cheap - but after seeing hers so cute, I wished i hadn't :)

Torrie and Cassidy said...

Jessi, it looks like you are having so much fun in Kentucky! We are currently playing the waiting game to see where we will be for law school in the fall. Right now it looks like Nebraska, or Kansas. I am pretty nervous about the whole thing, but also really excited about the potential of it all! Seeing that you picked up and moved and are loving it really helps to ease my mind, so thanks!

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

You kids are having too much fun out out there in Kentucky. You both look so happy! Remember last year at this same time, we hiked a mean hike? That was awesome. A year flew by too fast and now you guys are in Kentucky.... what?