4.10.2010

Inspiration




ok, so today I had an inspiration. While at work I over heard my boss and his wife leaving work, as they hit the stairs I heard something drop and his wife panic a little. She had obviously spilled something, I was guessing a drink. Well my boss as calm as I've ever heard someone talk said "It's ok, let me go get a paper towel". Not even in a soothing way, but very calm. Then I heard her respond frantically "no, no, their over here", and I hear her run down the hall to get paper towels to clean up whatever spilled.

I instantly thought of how I would react in this situation and I know I am more like his wife, frantically hurrying at any spill, mess, inconvenience, etc. So I emailed Jared and told him what had just happened and vowed that I would spend the rest of the month reacting calmly to anything that happened.

As we were driving home from work I slipped, as I accidently deleted a phone number in my phone instead of opening a message (I very much dislike when that happens), but I did catch myself and will continue to work at this very hard weakness of mine. And I even came across the button I added along the side of this blog, so everytime I open this I will remember my goal. Anyone who would like to join me feel free and we can create a support group :) Nothing bad ever came from trying to improve right, and I will no longer cry over spilt milk.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

great goal. I wonder how i would have reacted....
I noticed it takes less of a "spill" to get me feeling frustrated when I'm pregnant and hormonal. So, I'll join forces - let's see if I keep calm (even on my insides when I'm not acting on my frustrations) and carry on :) Good luck tomorrow - stay strong and carry on :)