Today there was a huge funeral procession where tons of cops came from all over KY and neighboring states to drive a big circle and ending at the funeral. They drove past my work's office so I got to go out and watch them. I have never seen so many cops in one place in my entire life! There were at least 300 cars if not more - or should I say 1,000 after looking up the numbers.
If was really cool to see everyone coming out of their houses and stopping their cars to pay respect. I may not always like cops, especially when I get speeding tickets, but I do respect them and their courage.
It was a pretty hot day today and even got a little pink on my arms from watching for 40 minutes the constant stream of cop cars. We pray for the family Officer Durman left behind.
"Following the funeral of Officer Bryan J. Durman on Tuesday, there will be an official procession to the gravesite at Bluegrass Memorial Gardens from Southland Christian Church.
This procession will have a very significant traffic impact. More than 100 traffic intersections along the route will be blocked off during the time of the procession."
It was a pretty cool thing to see, but hope there's not another one like it. Officer Durman left behind a wife an a little girl.
5.05.2010
Fallen Officer in Lexington
Today there was a funeral procession for a fallen officer who died on duty last week after being hit by a guy driving an SUV, who then drove off. The man who killed the officer (Brian J. Durman) had quite a big list of felonies he had already committed. Among those were prostitution, drugs, robbery, and rape. He is now arrested and being charged for murder.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment