This year we decided to do some exploring of the United States and finally go to Atlanta, and Savannah! We had so much fun! The first night we drove down to Atlanta, and made it in around 10:30. We drove straight to the Varsity which is this really good hotdog place thats so big it takes up 2 city blocks. It was very good, I got a chili dog, and Jared got a slaw dog, we shared some fries and a frozen orange drink.
The next day we spent the day at Stone Mountain which is a memorial for confederate heroes. I didn't realize how fitting that was until we got there when I put two and two together that it was Memorial day weekend too. We rode the tram and got to the top of the mountain, took some pictures, enjoyed the view then hiked down after saying we would never take the trams again.

That night we drove down to Savannah, and went to dinner at Loves with Jared's old mission companion, his wife and kids. And we saw our first alligator in the wild, pretty cool :)
The next day we walked around downtown Savannah, saw some boats in the harbor and went to the beach on Tybee island. 
Right after this picture Jared caught a tiny crab that become attched to Jared and would not let go. We got some pics on Jareds phone but the batteries had died on the camera.
We went to 2 different cemetaries. The place is just so old and had a lot of statues and pretty gravestones. It was a must see.
Monday morning Jared and I went and stood in line to eat at the Lady & Sons restaurant in Savannah. A dream come true ever since I was introduced to the Food Network my freshman year of college. This is he line every morning 2 hours before they even open.We put in our reservation for Noon and went to the 2nd cemetary.
This is the rode on the way to the cemetary. The Spanish Moss was hanging from almost every tree there. So pretty.
When we showed up there was a veterans celebration that we watched for a bit. A great way to spend Memorial Day morning.
This is Gracie, the most visited grave site there. Its a big creepy but I figured I might as well put it on here since its such a popular attraction. The little girl died from pnumonia and the statue was carved from an earlier Easter picture of her.









1 comment:
So that trip should have been for you and me. Not you and Jared. I know I know, he's your husband and all. But seriously, the Food Network in your dorm room was a sacred thing!!! And it was pretty much with ME and YOU! C'mon...you make me jealous eating that banana pudding. Those cemeteries looked cool. Gracie did look creepy. And we need to go on another trip together. It's a mustdo. ;) Love ya baba!
Post a Comment