8.09.2010

Jared Had a Birthday Shout Hooray!

Jared's 32! :) We celebrated his day of birth on July 31st 2010. We had a great and busy weekend.

I had a very busy day planned on Saturday and we were on a tight schedule but even with getting lost for a few hours in the woods of Kentucky we still got to do everything I planned. I decided to fill the day with everything Jared loves.
First Waterfalls.
We finally found the waterfall I had wanted to surprise Jared with at a place called Shaker Village close to Lexington. It took way longer to find the trail head, once we did we had taken he wrong trail and we probably went 3 miles when it was only suppose to be a mile "walk". Good thing we wore shoes, but we left the water in the truck... see picture below.
The waterfall was beautiful and worth the work. But if you decide to go talk to me first, do not trust those aweful maps.
Second Go Carts.We went to Kart Kountry close to Louisville which has the longest go-cart track in the world. It was a lot of fun with fast carts and turbo carts. Jared loves go-carting and was always wanting to go with anyone that would when we lived in Utah so I was glad to find such a great place for him on his birthday.

Third Fun Food/World Travel

I took Jared to Louisville that night for a dinner at Ramsi's: Cafe on the World. This place was the place we wanted to go to the night before my marathon but it had a 2 hour wait. So I was excited to get to go there this time. We had warm dates stuffed with goat cheese, bread with smoked salmon, cheddar cheese and apple butter (kind of threw me off but it was pretty good). I had tempura fried salmon with BBQ sauce and mango chutney, Jared had some kind of chicken and mashed potatoes and we had fried plantains for dessert.

On Sunday I Sunday I decided to have some church and school friends over for a lot of pizza, homemade icecream and cake.
Jared had been telling me ever since I painted a cake stand (pictures of that will come later) that he wanted a real southern coconut cake. So I delivered, with a twist. Coconut Cake with Lemon Curd, best cake ever. I added peach icecream on the side and it was a great dessert.

I spent all day making a lot of pizza but it was worth it, we had a great time with friends and ate well.
Some School friends above...
Thanks to everyone who came :). Happy Birthday Jared... until next year...

3 comments:

Julie Hill said...

Woo hoo! You are awesome Jessi to plan him the most thoughtful and elaborate 2 days of birthday celebrating!

Anonymous said...

Fun Birthday. Fun to look through your blog. I'll be visiting it often. :)

Leslie said...

so fun Jessi! And your cake looks amazing!