4.22.2011

Final Four - 2011

I've been a tad bit lazy when it comes to blogging, earlier I complained that there was nothing going on to blog about and then when something does happen I think "oh this is too long to blog about" :) Well I'm finally getting around to it.

At the beginning of April Jared and I got to go to the Final Four again this year. Even after the 16 1/2 hour drive to Houston we were still excited to get to see Kentucky play in the Final Four, and truly thought they could go all the way... Sadly we were wrong but we were glad to go to Texas still. I had never been there and we got to drive through my good friend Steph's old stomping grounds Kingwood. And boy is it humid there! I needed to take two showers a day because I felt dirty after walking around all day.

Surprisingly enough we forgot the camera every time we went to the games but here's one as we drove up to the stadium for the first time. Probably a good thing we didn't document the loss or the way we looked afterwards. We were pretty down.

After Kentucky lost we decided to see some of the town and areas around it. We drove out to Galveston Island and saw the beach and then went to a pier where we ran into some missionaries and talked to them for a bit. We went to a church near by and watched conference too.



On Monday the championship day we decided to go to NASA and a Triple D restaurant Lankford Grocery. We never made it to NASA because even though we took Kyle and his car we still had car problems and had to drop the car off at a macanic for the majority of the day.

We just can't get away from car troubles!

Oh well, we walked to the restaurant and it was so worth it! We all got burgers, mine had mac n cheese, jalapenos, and a fried egg! haha trust me way good!


Jared got a burger with jalapenos and a habenero mustard.. way hot... like him :)

And Kyle got the red white and blue burger with grilled red peppers and blue cheese.

Later after the car was done, we went to the game where we rooted for Butler... again, and they lost... again :)

We got in the car and made the long drive home... We were very glad to be home and glad to see the Lexington was still and is still covered in UK gear and loving it! Good luck next year cats! We were glad to get to see you go so far!









No comments: