5.30.2011

Columbus OH

Previously on Jared and Jessi's Life....

While in Columbus I might have mentioned that we spent our first week in an Extended Stay and after searching through the channels they didn't have the WB (even though they had 3 Showtimes, 3 ESPNs and 1 Japanese station... hmmm) and I missed the season finale of Vampire Diaries! I had to wait an entire 4 days to finally watch it on my slow internet connection but it was SOOO good - I had to admit there were tears in my eyes!


We then got to move into our townhouse that is fully furnished and our first place that has a second bedroom and stairs! ha We're definitely not used to that. But its a nice place and even though there is construction in our area we're in a very nice part of town.

My birthday happened a few weeks ago and I celebrated by going to the zoo with the wives here. Amy Powell was awesome and took me to lunch after and then we had some cake and icecream at her house later that day. Jared had to work all day but he was sweet and had EVERYONE he knew send me a happy birthday text and my phone almost froze. I had a great day but can't believe I'm 26... I finally feel like I'm adult.

At the Columbus zoo, which is huge, you can walk right in with the kangaroos (which were just lounging around that day)

... Saw a huge turtle...

but by far my favorite has been the polar bears... It was feeding time and they were literally doing belly flops into the pool to eat and then would come right up to the glass... you are literally face to face with a polar bear!





Cake and icecream at Amy's and her sweet Ava in the picture with me... she is so fun to hang out with I love her! and Amy ;)


The summer storms have been pretty crazy around here. They'll hit you out of nowhere. One night I went for a run and after the storm sirens went off I was racing the clouds and lightning and wind home... needless to say after running through a sandstorm (construction debry) I made it to my house just in time but covered in dirt. ha


An awesome thing in Columbus is Jeni's icecream... I've already been a few times and going again today for one of the other wives' birthdays. They have crazy flavors but they are all soooo good. Apparently they've been on the food network and they do sell them in grocery stores around the US.

I'm in love with their berry lavendar and buckeye state!


There will be more to come this summer with icecream, and a trip to Utah and ou 4 year anniversary this Thursday! We've finally been getting some great weather lately so pool time will also be included!

1 comment:

Bemily said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Seriously.. that's the biggest turtle and I'm so jealous you got to walk in and see the kangaroos!

So glad you are loving your new place!