Jared and I's road trip came to a close in D.C. BJ's parents let us stay at their place about 20 minutes from the Greenbelt railway station. They were so nice to let us stay while they had family in town too. They treated us with food when we got there and a bed to sleep in.
I figured 4 days in D.C. and we'd see it all, I was way wrong! We barely scratched the surface. The best part is that most everything is free.
We couldn't take pictures of the Holocaust museum, but there are no words for that place. We went back 3 times becaue it took so long to get through the 4 floors. I don't think I'll ever forget what I saw and read there.
Here are (a lot of) pictures of our time in D.C.
Our first night there we went and saw the Worl Ward II memorial and the Washington Monument:

The next day we went to the White House and there was a woman there that had been protesting there for over 20 years. She lives there, and has been protesting Nuclear bombs.

It started pouring there right after this picture was taken adn everyone ran for cover mostly because the security guard said the fence line was closed and forced everyone away.

The Korean War memorial:

Lincoln Memorial, pretty amazing!

We went to the Air and Space Smithsonian. Jared was having a blast there. This is the Apollo 11 spaceship!

Jared's the one in the back waving:

Jared touching the moon:

We also made it over to the Natural History smithsonian (I don't think Jared was suppose to do that, and a lady was voicing her opinion about it too ha):

The Hope Diamond:

Jared has recently seen "True Grit" and is obsessed with "Big Shaggies" so we needed to take take a picture of that:

The Smithsonian Castle:

The Capitol:
No comments:
Post a Comment