Well as much as I loved our trip to Maine I am still surprised that I accidently skipped over our stop at Niagara Falls. So this is a bit out of order but I didn't want to miss posting about it. After the Rock n Roll hall of fame we drove to New York to finally see Niagara Falls. This has been on Jared's "To See" list forever and I loved being able to see these falls for the first time together.
Jared's has been quite the traveler growing up and its a treat to be able to see things for the first time together and that's been one amazing thing about this trip. Most of what we saw was firsts for both of us.
We first went to the Canadian side because we've heard it has the best view and it was beautiful, but once we were over there Jared was jealous of how close the american side was to the falls so we left and went back to the U.S. We didn't get to go on any of the boats or walk down to the falls because it was a Sunday and they charged money for that, but it was still very worth it to see the magnitude of the falls.
U.S. side:



Canadian side (love the rainbow):

So now we're back on track, after stopping in Philly we made our way to CT and stayed with one of Jared's high school friends, BJ. He is a professor at the university of CT but he teaches and lives at one of the remote campuses. He lives right across the street from the campus and the campus is beautifully set right on the beach! (sorry no pics)
Once we left we drove through CT to New Haven for one specific Hamburger. We had lunch at the restaurant that invented hamburgers, Louis Lunch. We've all had hamburgers before, but you really don't know how good they can be until you have them here. I was amazed. They are done rare which I wasn't sure about at first but we were both blown away. Amazing.

Louis Lunch is a small littl building with I think 2 tables and a couple of booth seats and tiny tables in between (see below):

It was a really fun experience to see. They cook the burgers exactly how they did to begin with. they don't serve condiments and they only options to put on the burger are cheddar cheese, tomato and onion. Jared has his with all three, I had cheese and tomato.
Here are the "ovens" they cook the burgers in, and you can see they only serve them on toast, no buns.
2 comments:
that's interesting - they really were that good hu? I love the old equipment they still use, that's pretty cool
What a fun trip!! The "Ovens" look awesome!
Post a Comment